It’s Eating Disorders Awareness and Screening Week. We want you to take just a few moments and think about the possibility that someone you care for could be affected.
There is a basic fact that demands your attention.
Consider Getting Screened
Here is a sample of the types of questions you may receive during a screening. If you see a trend in your answers to these questions, contact your physician. You can take a sample screening test here.
- How much more or less do you feel you worry about your weight and body shape than other people your age?
- How afraid are you of gaining 3 pounds?
- When was the last time you went on a diet?
- Compared to other things in your life, how important is your weight to you?
- Do you ever feel fat?
- In the past 3 months, how many times have you had a sense of loss of control AND you also ate what most people would regard as an unusually large amount of food at one time, defined as definitely more than most people would eat under similar circumstances ?
- In the past 3 months, how many times have you done any of the following as a means to control your weight and shape:
- Made yourself throw up?
- Used diuretics or laxatives?
- Exercised excessively?
- Do you consume a small amount of food (i.e., less than 1200 calories/day) on a regular basis to influence your shape or weight?
- Are you currently in treatment for an eating disorder?
- Do you avoid certain or many foods because of such features as texture, consistency, temperature, or smell, or have other people suggested this may be the case for you?
- Do you avoid certain or many foods because of fear of experiencing negative consequences like choking or vomiting, or have other people suggested this may be the case for you?
- Have you experienced significant weight loss (or are at a low weight for your age and height) but are not overly concerned with the size and shape of your body?
- Over the last two weeks, how often have you been bothered by thoughts that you would be better off dead, or of hurting yourself in some way?
- Are you of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
More Straight, No Chaser Posts On Eating Disorders
Ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic. Also, take the #72HoursChallenge, and join the community. Additionally, as a thank you, we’re offering you a complimentary 30-day membership at www.72hourslife.com. Just use the code #NoChaser, and yes, it’s ok if you share!
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s books There are 72 Hours in a Day: Using Efficiency to Better Enjoy Every Part of Your Life and The 72 Hours in a Day Workbook: The Journey to The 72 Hours Life in 72 Days at Amazon or at www.jeffreysterlingbooks.com. Another free benefit to our readers is introductory pricing with multiple orders and bundles!
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK. Likewise, please share our page with your friends on WordPress! Also like us on Facebook @ SterlingMedicalAdvice.com! Follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright ©2013- 2019 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress