This Straight, No Chaser addresses exercise benefits!
The Benefits of Exercise
- Weight control by burning calories.
- Reduction of your risk of cardiovascular disease by improving your heart’s function. Exercise lowers the risk of both heart attacks and strokes.
- Exeercise reduces your risk for type 2 diabetes and combinations of high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high glucose levels (together known as metabolic syndrome).
- Reduction of your risk of colon and breast cancers. Also, exercise likely reduces your risk of endometrial and lung cancers.
- Improvement of the functioning of your immune system
- Strengthening of your bones and muscles. Exercise also keeps your joints functioning well.
- Maintainance of your mobility and agility. Also, exercise improves your ability to perform the activities of daily living and prevent falls as you age.
- Exercise slows the development of arthritis.
Wait! There’s More!
- Exercise improves your mental health and mood by stimulating pleasurable parts of your brain and improving blood flow to your brain.
- It reduces the rate of depression.
- Also, exercise reduces the development of insomnia and other sleep disorders.
The sum total of these facts is that exercise increases your chances of living longer.
At Straight, No Chaser, we talk a lot about healthy and unhealthy decisions and the impact these decisions have on the length and quality of your life. There aren’t many lifestyle decisions you can make that will more positively impact those than the decision to stay physically active. Furthermore, that decision doesn’t need to be followed by the fear that in order to improve your health you have to turn your body into that of a stereotypical teenager, body builder or model. Moderate activity will produce measurable health improvements. In a subsequent post, we will explore the “how” of physical activity to improve your health, but for now, don’t just sit there.
If you can sprint, do so.
Can’t sprint? Then jog.
If you can’t jog, walk.
Even it you can’t walk, move what you can!
Ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic. Also, take the #72HoursChallenge, and join the community. Additionally, as a thank you, we’re offering you a complimentary 30-day membership at www.72hourslife.com. Just use the code #NoChaser, and yes, it’s ok if you share!
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s books There are 72 Hours in a Day: Using Efficiency to Better Enjoy Every Part of Your Life and The 72 Hours in a Day Workbook: The Journey to The 72 Hours Life in 72 Days at Amazon or at www.jeffreysterlingbooks.com. Another free benefit to our readers is introductory pricing with multiple orders and bundles!
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK. Likewise, please share our page with your friends on WordPress! Also like us on Facebook @ ! Follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright © 2013-2019 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress