These circumstances define a high risk asthmatic:
- A history of sudden severe asthma attacks
- Prior need to be intubated (placed on a respiratory aka breathing machine)
- Prior admission to a hospital ICU (intensive care unit)
- Greater than one admission or two ER visits in the past year
- An ER visit within the last month
- Needing to use two or more inhalers per month
- Current or recent oral steroid use
- Illicit drug use
- Concomitant cardiopulmonary or psychosocial disease
Feel free to ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic.
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s new book Behind The Curtain: A Peek at Life from within the ER at , iTunes, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and wherever books are sold.
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of what http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK offers. Please share our page with your friends on WordPress, like us on Facebook @ and follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright © 2016 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress