Jeffrey E. Sterling, MD, MPH
Dr. Jeffrey E. Sterling is a national leader in community-based medicine, health care, and public health. He serves as President & CEO of Sterling Initiatives (SI), a healthcare consulting and implementation firm, assisting entities incorporate best practices. SI has assisted health systems, health plans, state governments, and medical practices in three-dozen states nationally. SI has gained particular notoriety for its work in creating “Centers of Excellence” among hospitals and other healthcare entities.
- Dr. Sterling is President and CEO of SterlingMedicalAdvice.com, a virtual online universe offering individuals, families, businesses, communities, and governments 24-hour personalized healthcare information and advice.
- Dr. Sterling has served as Senior VP, Corporate Medical Officer, National Physician Practice Director, and Regional Medical Director for various healthcare contract management groups, and as Medical Director for 17 Emergency Medical System units and Home Health Companies.
- Dr. Sterling founded the Minority Association of Pre-Health Students, a national organization of medical and other health career aspirants, with chapters in approximately 300 colleges nationally.
- Dr. Sterling has served on the Board of the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America, Texas Chapter, the American Lung Association, Central States Region, and for three terms as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Student National Medical Association.
- Dr. Sterling served as Chairman of the DFW Minority Business Council’s Health Industry Group, a consortium of over 70 healthcare business enterprises across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Dr. Sterling has degrees from Northwestern University, Harvard University School of Public Health (Health Policy Management), and the University of Illinois College Of Medicine. He completed his Emergency Medicine Residency at Cook County Hospital in Chicago.
Dr. Sterling is a frequently sought out speaker on topics of Asthma, Pneumonia, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Healthcare Economics, and Healthcare Disparities, having delivered over 1,000 lectures nationally.
Dr. Sterling is active in a number of community and professional associations and is especially interested in empowering scholastic excellence. In addition to authoring Straight, No Chaser, he actively mentors close to 100 youth, serves as Chair of an endowment fund at Northwestern University for Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, serves as Vice-President of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association, and has an endowment fund named in his honor by the Student National Medical Association.